Hi, I’m Heather – a supervisor, mindfulness trainer and a BACP
Accredited counsellor with over 20 years experience. I trained as a therapist after having counselling at a difficult time in my life – and having therapy made such a difference to me that I wanted to go on and learn the skills, so that I could offer them to others. Now I offer humanistic, relational and integrative therapy in Manchester to people who feel they’d like to look at their issues with support and ultimately to understand themselves better. As well as working as a counsellor and supervisor, I also work as a mindfulness trainer with Mind in Salford and have been teaching their Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses since 2011.
I see clients in my private practice in South Manchester- and I’ve also worked as a counsellor in a variety of organisations, such as:
- Salford University Occupational Health and Wellbeing Department
- St Ann’s Hospice
- Manchester Mind
- Mind in Salford
- Women Asylum Seekers Together (WAST)
- The Roby Counselling Service
- Stockport College Student Services
- “The Doc’s” GP Surgery
- Central Manchester Women’s Aid
I hold the following qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (1998)
- Diploma in Casework Supervision (2002)
- ILM Certificate in First Line Management (2001)
- BACP Accreditation (2010)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Certificate Mindflow (2013)
- Compassion Fatigue Train the Trainer Certificate, TEND Academy (2017)
I welcome and enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and cultures to my own, and my practice is LGBTQ plus friendly.
For short-term work, I also offer counselling and supervision sessions by telephone or by VSee online video web calls.