This Privacy statement explains how I, Heather Greenbank of Northern Light Counselling, use and protect any information that you give to me when you use this Service. This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
I may change my policy from time to time so please feel free to check this page to ensure that you continue to be comfortable with the measures that I am taking to protect your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Heather Greenbank of Northern Light Counselling.
Information I may collect
You may give me information about you such as your name, address and phone number, by filling in forms on my site or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. I may receive information about you from other sources, such as Google Analytics, or if you use any of the other services I provide, for example on Facebook, Instagram or by commenting on a blog.
With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
I will use your information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- Internal record keeping – for example, client hours;
- To operate my business efficiently including financial records.
Disclosure of your information
All my dealings with you and any information that I have about you is confidential except when I may have a legal obligation to share, such as terrorism, money laundering and radicalisation.
Where I store your personal data
The data that I collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
You can request access to the personal information that I hold about you. I will provide this except in the limited circumstances in which I am permitted not to. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (this fee may change over time) to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
You may request amendments to the personal information I hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date. If you request that I delete your personal information, I will take all reasonable steps to do so unless I need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal business purposes.
Complaints, questions, comments and access requests are welcomed and should be addressed to me, Heather Greenbank by e-mail at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org